Saturday, November 17, 2018

Big Game Postponed

Last week I wrote about the Big Game to be played today, November 17, between Stanford University and University of California, Berkeley.
 
U.C. Berkeley Football Stadium
 
Today’s game has been postponed due to poor air quality caused by wild fire smoke. This game has been rescheduled for December 1.
 
This is the second time in history the Big Game has been postponed. The only other time the Big Game was postponed was in 1963, the day after President John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
 
This is not a sarcastic question. I am really curious. Do you know of any game/match being postponed due to any tragic event?

8 comments:

  1. oh I heard the air quality is very bad in SF. It must be disappointing for everyone involved to see the match getting postponed. Are you planning to go to the match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Ashwini. I have tickets for the game. I will go on Dec 1. Can use the same tickets.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for removing the captcha. It was really irritating. Now it's easy to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you would be able to go on the revised date. I guess all that extra anticipation would increase your excitement :)

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Rajesh. You are correct.

      Delete
  4. I was curious to know what happened to the match. Since I was busy, I wasn't checking blogs, and didn't know it was postponed.
    If there is a tragedy, usually sports and games go on. I am not aware of any such postponement.
    But here, it is not surprising at all. It is because of the air quality. I heard last week in the news that SFO had the worst air quality in the world.
    Hope situation is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't predict anything about the mischieves of the Climate. Anyway postponed only,not cancelled. In kerala the furious flood became instrumental to cancel or postpone many entertainments.

    ReplyDelete