Friday, March 24, 2023

ChatGPT

Everyone is talking about how great this ChatGPT is. Therefore, I wanted to test it myself. I am not impressed. I asked this ChatGPT to give me an itinerary for visiting India for 10 days as a tourist. It gave me the following itinerary:

Day 1: Arrival in Delhi
Day 2: Delhi Sightseeing 
Day 3: Agra
Day 4: Jaipur
Day 5: Jaipur Sightseeing 
Day 6: Jodhpur
Day 7: Jaisalmer 
Day 8: Jaisalmer Sightseeing 
Day 9: Mumbai 
Day 10: Mumbai Sightseeing 

Or course, for each day it gave a detailed description of what to see in that city. I did not give them here because this will become a long blog post. 

Please remember I asked ChatGPT to give me an itinerary for visiting India (and not North India), Why no mention about Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Pune, and Palghat. (I mentioned Palghat because that would make my friend Madhu happy). 

There is a caveat at the end. It says: There are many other places in India worth visiting, so feel free to customize this itinerary based on your preferences and interest. 

If I know my preferences and interest, why would I ask ChatGPT.

16 comments:

  1. Nobody cares about your Non-Hindi speaking South India. Including ChatGPT.

    Regards,
    Sam Altman
    #WeTheNorth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Sam. You don't care about South India? Your company will shut down in a day without South Indian employees. Also, you are the North? Then why did you move to San Francisco? Ahh I know why. Your lifestyle is better suited here.

      Delete
  2. It gives a lot of helpful information uncle, life writing letters for example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Coach. I don't need ChatGPT to write letters. Learned that in elementary school. HeHeHe.

      Delete
  3. You have raised valid point and must be looked into by the concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The itenary seems to be fine, actually. I think it's picking these things from existing websites...

    I wonder how TN still retains one of the highest visitor footfall... word of mouth maybe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting a country for sight seeing recreational activities varies from person to person. People may like visiting temples (hindus) natural scenaries in Kerala, etc. Maybe you should have specifically mentioned your likings and quoted the number of days... Instead of blindly giving 10 days limit to visit India, that is what you will get... Search places in India with the help of google and customize it. That is your best bet. Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments seema. I very well understand what you are saying. But I wonder what made it to zero in on Delhi and its surroundings (in the absence of any specific).

      Delete
  6. Thought provoking post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Anonymous. Please identify yourself so I can recognize you. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. I have tried ChatGPT and the results to me were for rich people. Being poor I thought it caused jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Kirtivasan. Can you please explain what you are trying to say? Regards.

      Delete
  8. Yes, yes, ChatGPT is the rage now ... Of course it's not without faults. I guess it will improve with time. I recently ask it to write 100 words about Bangalore. I wrote a decent piece. I asked it to regenerate, and it gave me a different one. We recently asked it to create image after telling it what image should show. It did a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Pradeep. Yes, it is improving day by day. Please read my next blog post. Thanks.

      Delete