Saturday, June 1, 2024

Chat Conversation

Last week I was playing a video game in my lap top. All of a sudden, a chat site popped up on my screen. I should have deleted that site. Instead, I went to that site so see what is happening. It is a meat market. That is all I can say, 

Later I was telling this incident to a friend of mine. She is in the habit of going to these sites for “entertainment”. She started to laugh. She said there are many sites like the one I mentioned. She also said most of the participants in these sites are Asians, and particularly Indian men. She said many are there with a fake westernized name, but she can recognize Indian men with the language they use. She gave me some examples: 

Your good name please? (instead of what is your name) 

Ur likes? (Ur for Your) 

Your asl dear (what is your asl) (fyi: ASL is age, sex, and location) 

Searching for good friendship (his reason to be in the chat site) 

Can I ask you something? 

r u married? (r u for are you)

How r u? 

Where are you basically from? 

Nice name dear 

Give me a missed call 

I am here for timepass 

I have a doubt 

God promise 

I will be out of station (meaning out of town) 

Revert back (I will reply)

9 comments:

  1. I wonder how the Brits tolerated Indian English back in those days ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Rajesh. I don't know. Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong in using these sentences. According to my friend, only Indian men use these sentences.

      Delete
  2. Of all the things, meat market site popped up for you, a pure vegetarian who doesn't touch egg even. Ha ha ha 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Gowri. Looks like you misunderstood the meaning. Write to me and I will explain.

      Delete
  3. Funny post.
    I am just curious to know. America did not get independence from England. They kicked them out.
    Why didn't the Americans kick English language too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Kirtivasan. Originally, England was sending thousands of their hard-core criminals to USA to settle. That is why USA also started speaking English.

      Delete
  4. Very funny indeed, and so real. I don't understand why "Indian men" feel very differently about how they should utilise their "time-pass" time. I wonder why the other men don't see it similarly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Purple. And, welcome to my blog. You have a good question. (In USA, when someone replies "you have a good question", it means they don't know the answer.)

      Purple, please visit here as often as possible. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Actually a language wears the costumes as accents, abbreviations, spellings pronunciations etc.of the place it resides in. Australian and American English's are different from that of the U.K. Nice topic, S.G.

    ReplyDelete