Sunday, April 23, 2017

No Clue

Nolan Ryan, one of the greatest professional baseball players of all time, now retired, was in a ball park watching a baseball game. The gentleman who sat next to him did not notice Ryan. But he was wearing Nolan Ryan’s famous jersey number 34 with his name on it. Probably he was not even aware of who his seat mate was.
 
                                           (Courtesy: Yahoo.  Ryan on the right.)
 
This happens to me also all the time. People have no clue who I am.
 
Once I was watching a cricket match in the Wankhede Stadium.  Someone pointed out to me that the guy who was sitting next to me was Sachin Tendulkar. I turned around and said “hello”. He replied with a “hello”. I asked him “how about an autograph?”. He said “sure”. I then signed my name in a piece of paper and gave it to him.
 
PS: This is supposed to be a humorous post.

29 comments:

  1. ' I then signed my name in a piece of paper and gave it to him.' Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Sandhya. I am glad you liked this post.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Insignia. He sure was elated. HaHa.

      Delete
  3. Haha yeah right :)
    ( At least ) your readers believe you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Sujatha. I know my readers always believe me.

      Delete
  4. A superb twist in the tale! :-) Liked it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Pradeep. I am glad you liked this post.

      Delete
  5. Hahaha! That would have been the first one for Sachin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Shilpa. That is the first one for me too.

      Delete
  6. Someone should actually do this to Stars in India. These ppl. get too much unnecessary adulation.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Rajesh. I would like to see the look on those Stars' faces when someone actually does this.

      Delete
  7. It reminded me a real anecdote between Dilip kumar and Birlaji:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Renu. I did not know this. Can you please tell us. Thankis.

      Delete
  8. Why not? Every one is a hero in his own right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your complements Jaish. Agreed.

      Delete
  9. hahahahahaha that last line is epic :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha... :-D
    Btw, autograph please... :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someday I hope to have your autograph. Or you might end up with mine. :P

    ReplyDelete