Monday, November 11, 2013

Liebster Award

WOW!
Looks like when it rains, it pours.  Good times for me.
I have been given the Liebster Award by three dear blogger friends.
 
 
Thank you Ekta. Thank you Ankita. Thank you Asha.
 
Instead of answering 30 questions, I have selected a few questions from each tag and have provided the answers below.  Enjoy!
 

1. What is the most irritating experience while blogging?
Ans: It irritates me when people do not reply to my comments.
 
2. Which famous personality would you like to bring back to life and why?
Ans: John F. Kennedy. 
Born into a multi-millionaire family. Volunteered to serve in the Navy during World War 2. 
He was the skipper of a torpedo boat which was destroyed by the Japanese Navy.  He and his crew of 16 were in the water (Pacific Ocean) for 3 days.  Single handedly he saved them all.  He was awarded the highest military honor for that.  Later, he became President of the U.S.A. 
Many in the world considered him as the great big hope for the mankind, however he was assassinated at a very young age. (During the 1962 Chinese aggression against India, India was losing and was no match for the Chinese army.  Kennedy sent the American troops to help India.  The Chinese withdrew immediately.)
 

3. Name your favorite cuisine/dish?
Ans: Pizza with pesto sauce…of course!
                                                                                                          

4. Name an actor you’d like to portray you in a movie about your life and why?
Ans: No doubt about it - Charles Bronson.  He was fearless in all of his movies.
 

5. What’s your motivational quote?
Ans: Don’t get mad. Get even.
 

6. How do you de-stress yourself?
Ans: Put my feet on the coffee table, have a glass of merlot and watch TV.
 
7. If a confused teenager came up to you asking for advice on what career choice to make. What would be your advice?
Ans: I would advise him of the importance of getting a college degree first.  I would also advise him to follow his heart after getting that degree.
 

8. One book/movie you would alter the ending of.  Please give reasons for your choice.
Ans: The movie is “Love Story” starring Ryan O’Neal and Ali McGraw.  The novel was written by Eric Segal.  The movie was 99 minutes long and at the end of the movie Jenny (Ali McGraw) dies.  There is not a single person who either saw the movie or read the novel who did not cry at the end.  She wanted to visit Paris and they were looking forward to it.  However, when she was diagnosed with cancer she said “screw Paris”.  She even spoke with her father and made funeral arrangements. I would have changed the ending so she can live and go to Paris.  There is a famous quote of hers from that movie.  “Love means never having to say you’re sorry”.
 

9. Describe yourself in three words
Ans: Honest. Gutsy. Extrovert. (I wanted to say extreme extrovert.  Since I have to say only 3 words, I took out the “extreme”).
 

10. How would you deal with a very rude but close relative?
Ans: Wait for the right time and do something good for him financially.  He will certainly change his behavior.  In other words, buy him.
 
Since most of the bloggers have been given this award, I am not tagging anyone.
 
Just one question.  Is it Liebster or Leibster?  I have seen it both ways in several blogs.

PS: I have no idea why some portions of this post is published with a white background.

28 comments:

  1. It really is the content that matters.Your blog posts are very intersting and and keep one involved.

    Congratulations and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Mr. Chowla. And, thank you also for your complements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for the awards. Good to know a bit more about you through these answers.
    Guess it is Liebster.
    The white background is because you must have copied and pasted the questions from the blog and the formatting of that blog is visible here. You may have to edit the text in HTML.
    Pls check this website... http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/oO3E5ROQa88
    Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments Shilpa. And, thanks for your explanation and advice. To tell the truth, I have very little knowledge in these things. I have my Technical Advisor, Insignia. But, nowadays, she is too busy at work. I do not want to bother her. Therefore, I will just let it go as it is. Hope all the readers understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations ! and enjoyed your answers..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments Renu. And, thank you also for your complements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi SG

    I loved your answers a lot! Thank you for such a wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Triple congratulations to you, SG. Well deserved for those thought provoking and observant posts that you enthrall us with:)

    Did'nt know so many things about JFK. Good advice for the teens too.

    Oh, so it Liebster? usually the german words misplace i and e, so i thought it was leibster. Thank for taking up the tag, well balanced answers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know much about JFK - good to know now. Why don't you write something about American heroes, sometime? We can get to know them.

    And congrats for the awards :)

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments Ankita. I am very happy you liked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comments Asha. I am very happy you liked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comments Rajesh. I am thankful for your suggestion. I will write about American heroes now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Yours is an honest blog and I always enjoy reading your posts, including these answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Got to know some more about you. I am glad you chose not to tag people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 4. Name an actor you’d like to portray you in a movie about your life and why?
    Ans: No doubt about it - Charles Bronson. He was fearless in all of his movies.
    ****************

    Charles Bronson? Really?
    Is he more fearless than me?

    Regards,
    Clint Eastwood


    p.s. Don’t tell me that your wife will be played by Jill Ireland (Bronson’s wife...who is also an actress).
    Your wife is waaayyy better looking than Jill Ireland – although Jill Ireland was a hottie when she was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your comments Zephyr. Long time No see. And, thanks for your complements also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your comments Rama. I am glad you liked my not tagging another 10 people.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aha! Smart boy...But should have answered all my questions!

    www.numerounity.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for your comments Clint. You are fearless. I agree. However, you were knocked down by a criminal in just one movie. Bronson was never knocked down in any movie.

    Thanks for complementing my wife. Will let her know.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your comments Ekta. If I write answers to all 30 questions (I received this award from 3 people.) there will be no one to read my post, except you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1. I too feel like a fool if my comment is not acknowledged. Some think that if they comment on our posts in return, it is enough! 2. I never knew about this, thanks. 7. I agree with you, SG. 8. I have read and watched the movie. I would have loved the change in the climax too. 9. Good to know about you, SG!

    Congratulations of the Award, SG!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your comments Sandhya. I am glad you liked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All answers are practical life based and apt for today's environs. All especially those from 7to 10 are really praise-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for your comments Sarala. And, thanks for your complements.

    Good, bad or indifferent - this is the real me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hearty Congratulations!

    It is evident from your writing that you are honest and gutsy! It is interesting to read your posts. How can I connect to you? I am unable to find follow buttons :( Anyway, Good Day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for your comments Sindhu. And, welcome to my blog. And, thanks for your complements also. You can follow by typing your email address (on the right side of my blog, under the heading “Follow by Email”) and hit “submit”.

    Sindhu, please visit here as often as possible. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats SG :) You can go to text(html) mode and remove the white background easily. When you are copy pasting something, it is always better to paste it in the text tab, instead of the visual or whatever they call it in blogger. That way the format of text from the other blog is not pasted.
    I agree with you being honest. Even I get irritated if people do not reply to my comments. Because of that reason, I make it a point to reply to the existing comments, before putting a new post on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for your comments Ash. I appreciate your helpful advice. Will keep that in mind. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete